CONTACT US NOW!
Who We Are
Two brothers, Alejandro and Galo, and their longtime friend Oscar, after living in Canada and Europe, reunited in Ecuador and decided to found AOG Foods because of their passion for chocolate and love for their country.
AOG Foods chocolate reflects the extraordinary and exotic soul of Ecuador. This megadiverse small country in South America has some of the best varieties of cacao in the world, such as the country’s national “Arriba” or “Fine Aroma Cacao”, that has been used for many years for the best gourmet chocolate companies of the world.
At AOG Foods, we have developed a range of unique chocolates by using the Ecuadorian raw material of excellence, the “Arriba” fine aroma cacao. This allows us to offer chocolate lovers products with many nuances and richness from each region of the country.
The cocoa beans are influenced by a great variety of flowers and exotic fruits that grow in various microclimates. But even more than high-quality chocolate, AOG Foods wants to offer its consumers an unforgettable experience of flavors and aromas that will take them through fascinating landscapes, stories, and legends of what is known as the golden nugget, the Ecuadorian cocoa.
Manufacture and commercialize nationally and internationally healthy and innovative premium products derived from conventional and organic Ecuatorian cocoa; with added value that generates long-term benefits for those involved and the distribution of the Ecuador brand in the world.
To be a state-of-the-art organization in the production and marketing of cocoa-derived products actively contributing to our consumer’s health improvement focused on exceeding their desires and expectations with our product.
GFSI Program Policies
AOG Foods is an organization committed to maintaining food safety through the development and implementation of the Food Safety Management System in the manufacture and commercialization of cocoa-based products worldwide. AOG Foods focuses on continuous improvement, permanent training of the staff, compliance with legal and mutually agreed with customers requirements through the identification, evaluation, and control of risks; goals, and objective planning and food safety programs. AOG Foods is committed to ensuring food safety by:
- GFSI objectives compliance by determining and controlling the responsibilities that correspond to each instance, guaranteeing periodic reviews of the program.
- Assign human, technical and financial resources needed for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the GFSI program.
- Effective communication of GFSI program regulations to all parties involved.
- COVID-19 biosafety protocol compliance in order to reduce the risk of infection.
- Food safety culture establishment across the organization in order to strengthen the GFSI program.
- Continuous improvement
Maintain, develop and continually improve the FSSC 22000 GFSI program.
- Develop and execute a training and education plan aimed at preventing risks and dangers related to the GFSI.
- Active communication and participation of the parties involved in the maintenance and updating of the GFSI.
- GFSI zero complaints policy maintenance and reinforcement.
- Develop a food safety culture to strengthen the GFSI.
- GFSI indicators management and improvement.
AOG FOODS INC is ISO Certified
After a meticulous and well-earned effort, our factory is officially FSSC 22000 certified. Through the certification scheme we have proven that our chocolate manufacturing facility is GFSI compliant, thus satisfying the requirement to hold this prestigious and world-wide recognized certificate by the largest supermarket chains in America and Europe. You can trust our brand and be sure that you are getting a product that is made with our consumers well-being as our number one priority. Our production facility, built specifically for chocolate making, follows all food safety norms mandated by this certification and guarantees that we produce and commercialize chocolates with the highest standards. All our production procedures, food safety regulations, internal policies and provider qualifications have been validated and recognized as efficient in providing innocuous and high-quality chocolates to our consumers.
Our newly built facility AOG Foods handles the whole process of making bean to bar chocolate. Characteristics of the facility:
- All new state of the art equipment.
- Good Manufacturing Practices.
- FSSC 22000, which is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- The facility was designed and purpose-built specifically for the production of chocolate.
- We follow very strict standards of quality assurance, traceability, continuous improvement and sanitation.
- Large production capabilities.
- We have a very strong relationship with various Cacao associations from Ecuador.
- Complete laboratory for analysis and also for product development.
- All our chocolates are processed from bean to bar.
- We speak English, French, and Spanish.
- Our staff has the experience, the knowledge, and passion to make the best chocolate